Training Summary
This was a great week of running though I once again skimped on working out. I ran with Eric on Monday and he showed me a really quick way to get to UMass Boston that avoids Dorchester Ave. and cuts through some side streets. I used the shortcut on Tuesday and created a longer run that goes to Castle Island and through South Boston that I think is a keeper. On Wednesday, I had an early afternoon flight to Houston so I got in a very slow and groggy run before packing and heading to the airport.
Running in Houston the next few days was a much needed change of pace from winter in Boston. It was warm enough that I was even able to ditch my t-shirt on a few runs. The plan was to do a 5 mile tempo run on Thursday but Kevy convinced me to just go for a run. It didn't take much work on his part as I didn't really feel like working out, especially not enough to listen to Kevin complain about it for more than 30 seconds. Instead, we ran on a bike path that is close to where Kevy lives. It was a very nice run, as we also hit some trails and did a loop around a country club. On Friday, we ran in Herman Park and also looped around the Rice campus. It was a great area for running and the Rice campus was impressive from what I saw. The long run on Saturday was mostly done on the bike path from Thursday. Kevin kept complaining about the pace and refused to go 100 minutes with me so he turned around at 45 minutes. I picked up the pace a bit and hit a few sub-six-minute miles from what I could gather using the spray painted mile markers on the ground. Kevy met back up with me around 70 minutes into the run after taking a potty break and we cruised back to his place. I added on 25 minutes by myself to get to an even two hours. It was awesome to return and find that Maryland was up by three on UNC and watch the final seconds of the overtime period.
Sunday was back to reality with a cold, rainy/snowy/wintery mixy, boring run in Boston. The plan for the upcoming week is to hit about the same number of minutes while doing two workouts and a long run. For real this time.
Monday
60 minutes
Tuesday
100 minutes
Wednesday
80 minutes
Thursday
100 minutes
Friday
80 minutes
Saturday
120 minutes
Sunday
30 minutes
Total
570 minutes
Holler of the Week
While running with Kevin on Thursday, a woman yelled "woo hoo" at us from her car. It was a pretty standard holler that was notable because the man driving the car appeared to be her husband. That alone wouldn't be too weird, but there were also two kids in the back seat.
Epiphany Story of the Week
No school.
Song of the Week
In light of my vacation and the fact that I am going to see Tapes 'n Tapes play this week, my song is In Houston. The link it to a YouTube video but it just shows the album cover for four minutes.
Sunday, February 22, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment