Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Doin' Work

After setting a new personal record for minutes in a week, I knew there would be a bit of a let down in my minutes. I ended up running 560 minutes, which is fine by me considering I traveled and, more importantly, I was in the presence of my cousins. On Monday, I ran 100 minutes. I came back on Tuesday and only ran 30 minutes, feeling a little tired from all the running I did the previous week. Wednesday, I ran 30 minutes in the morning and then 100 minutes in the evening. On my longer run, I passed by an older man on a bench while I was going through Codman Square, just a few minutes into my run. As I ran by he yelled to me "Woo hoo! It's mardi gras!" I don't fully understand what he meant (I am guessing it was a reference to my clothing) but I still laughed for a few blocks. Later on in my run I passed Northeastern. It must have been freshman orientation, because I have not seen that many teenagers stumbling around since, well, I was a freshman in college. One girl screamed "Yeah, tie-dye!" at me as two of her friends held her up. I was wearing a grey shirt and black shorts. On Thursday, I ran 30 minutes in the morning and did a workout in the evening that totalled 120 minutes. After a 35 minutes warm up, I ran four laps of Jamaica Pond with a two minute jog rest in between each lap. The loop is just under a mile and a half and I was running right at 8 minutes flat for each. I was kind of pissed during my workout because I was doing my math wrong in figuring out the pace I was running. When I got home, I was pleasantly surprised to find that I was going around 5:20 pace. I ran 30 minutes the next morning before flying down to Charlotte. Friday night in Charlotte was low key and I got up the next day to put in 90 minutes. Things began to get silly after I got done running and had some lunch. That evening, there was an engagement party for my cousin, Rob, and his fiance, Jamie. It was a great time and I got to see all my North Carolina aunts, uncles, and cousins. There will be no recap, but I will say that I may or may not have a cousin who was pouring full bottles of water over his head. I woke up too late on Sunday to run very long outside (it was in the upper 90s). After eating a sausage, egg, and cheese biscuit from Bojangles, I went to the gym with my cousin, Mike. We each put in half an hour of work and then called it a day. I hope to be back above 100 miles this week and should be able to.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Next time, you should take your TI with you on your runs so you don't get confused with minute mileage.