Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Not the Sharpest Crayon in the Box

Last week went well for the first few days. I ran twice on Monday for a total of 100 minutes and came back on Tuesday to run 30 minutes in the morning and 120 minutes in the evening. On Wednesday, I was pretty tired and only ran 30 minutes. I then doubled on Thursday, going 30 minutes in the morning and 80 minutes in the evening. I ran 30 minutes Friday morning and then doubled again, going longer once it had cooled down. On my longer run, my shin began to hurt and, by the end of my run, it was very uncomfortable to strike the ground with my left foot. I ended up going 90 minutes before getting back home, when I quickly began to ice my shin. On Saturday and Sunday, I did not run and followed a boring schedule of icing and taking ibuprofen. I also noticed that the date written on the side of my running shoes was 6/25/07. In my head, I was thinking that was only a month ago and my shoes were still perfectly good. Unfotunately, my calculations were way off, my shoes were two months old, they had over 600 miles on them, and were completely shot. I am back to running now and my shin is getting better. Hopefully this is the final hiccup I encounter before New York. It probably won't be, but I can always hope.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yo dawg, 600 miles? That's nothing

Anonymous said...

I think you really need to be running about as many miles as a blimp can go in mph. How many is that? 500? 50? No, 500.