Training Summary
Two weeks ago, grad school went from being something that conveniently occupied my days to an all consuming venture. The readings, papers, and projects seemed endless and blogging was towards the bottom of my "to do" list. Fortunately for you all, you now get to read about TWO WEEKS of my life, thus the title of this post.
I am a deep guy, so "Double Up" actually has two meanings (that I could figure out, there may be more). It also has to do with the amount of running done, as I went almost twice as much this past week as I did two weeks ago. My hamstring is feeling much better and I think I will try an easy workout sometime later this week. I have continued to rope stretch for about 20 minutes before my runs but have started to do yoga twice a week.
Yoga is incredibly hard but I can already tell a difference in my flexibility and am able to see improvements in my hamstring. Yoga is also very humbling. I am quite inflexible and weak in my core, while the majority of the middle aged women in my class are the opposite. As I sweat and strain to make my way through the poses, they calmly flow from one stance to the other.
A highlight of the past two weeks was going to the beach this past Sunday. I went with Ted and Katie and we met Bruce, Christy, Brad, and Laura there. We went for an easy ten miles and then I spent the rest of the morning and afternoon napping, swimming, and playing frisbee. Again, I lead a tough life.
7/7 - 7/13
Monday
PM: 30 minutes
Tuesday
PM: 30 minutes
Wednesday
AM: 30 minutes
PM: 40 minutes
Thursday
PM: 40 minutes
Friday
noon: yoga (60 minutes), 60 minutes
PM: 30 minutes
Saturday
PM: 30 minutes
Sunday
PM: 60 minutes
Total
350 minutes on 9 runs
7/14 - 7/20
Monday
Am: 30 minutes
PM: 60 minutes
Tuesday
AM: yoga (60 minutes), 30 minutes
Wednesday
AM: 30 minutes
PM: 70 minutes
Thursday
PM: 90 minutes
Friday
noon: yoga (60 minutes), 30 minutes
PM: 70 minutes
Saturday
PM: 110 minutes
Sunday
PM: 70 minutes
Total
590 minutes on 10 runs
Holler of the Week
Keeping with the theme, the Holler of the Week for this entry is in fact two hollers from one guy. Neither holler was particularly interesting, but the man who delivered them certainly was. When I passed him two weeks ago, he gave me a quick "keep it up" as he danced on a street corner to the music coming from the mini boom box he had on his shoulder. During this run in, he was wearing a black suit, cowboy hat, and pink scarf. This past week, I ran by the same guy. He was on a different corner, was wearing a Hawaiian shirt, dancing, and playing maracas. His motivational "nice job" was easily the least interesting part of our interaction.
Epiphany Story of the Week
Nothing much to report on this front...just wait a month.
Song of the Week
I met Terry for lunch a few weeks ago and we did a pretty serious music swap. Since then, I have been working my way through the handful of albums he gave me. Currently, I am completely hooked on Wolf Parade. Below is the video for their song I'll Believe In Anything from the album Apologies to the Queen Mary. Also, speaking of apologies, let me apologize in advance for the dozens of quotes from the new Will Ferrel movie, Step Brothers, that are sure to be in my post next week.
Sunday, July 13, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment