Training Summary
This week was hampered by a sore right hamstring. I am trying very hard to be patient with it, but it isn't easy. My situation is improving, especially since getting a massage on Thursday. My hips were misaligned, which was putting extra strain on my hamstring. I cut back on the running and have focused on stretching and strengthening instead.
Even with the addition of stretching and strengthening, I have quite a bit more free time than I did when I was running more. Fortunately, I found a great way to occupy myself. On a whim, I watched the first episode of Lost. I was immediately hooked and made my entire Netflix cue Lost DVDs. It would take two days for them to come in the mail and, much like Charlie, I needed a fix. I looked on ABC's website and found that you can stream all four seasons of the show online. There went my weekend. I am now into season two and honestly don't know how people did it, waiting a week in between episodes.
In terms of the upcoming week, I will keep my mileage lower, continue to stretch and strengthen, and adjust as needed. Also, I am going to do a yoga class at BC on Friday to work on my flexibility.
Monday
AM: 30 minutes
PM: 70 minutes
Tuesday
AM: 30 minutes
PM: 60 minutes
Wednesday
AM: 30 minutes
PM: 40 minutes
Thursday
noon: massage
PM: 10 minutes
Friday
off
Saturday
PM: 20 minutes
Sunday
AM: 30 minutes
Total
320 minutes on 9 runs
Holler of the Week
There weren't many good hollers this week, but I did see the girl from last week two more times. She called me Forrest each time and I have started to call her Jenny. I am not sure if she gets it, but I find it amusing.
Epiphany Story of the Week
There is a summer camp at Epiphany for grade schoolers. Sometimes, they have gym on the back field while I am stretching or doing drills. Usually, I just get some strange looks. On Tuesday, a group of third graders came out from the gym and started watching me as I went through my rope stretching routine. One girl lost interest pretty quickly and called back to her friends as she walked away "I bet he's gonna be the yoga teacher." I was laughing through the rest of my stretching. Maybe after a few classes at BC I could come back and prove her right.
Song of the Week
In honor of me starting the second season of Lost and in honor of Desmond, one of the most intriguing characters, I present Make Your Own Kind of Music by Mama Cass Elliot.
Monday, June 30, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment