
In talking to my dad today, he mentioned, albeit sarcastically, that being able to read my blog on Monday mornings brightens his day and gives him the strength to make it through the long work day (or something along those lines). The last thing I want is to make my father trudge through a Monday without knowing how my training and life went the previous week, so I managed to snap out of my post long run food coma and here it is. This one's for you pops. If I had to sum up the past week in one word it would be "soreness." I wore spikes in my 5k last Sunday for the first time since November and my calves were completely torn up the rest of the week as a result. I gimped through a 70 minute run on Monday and then took Tuesday off, hoping to have my legs back under me the next day. My calves were still incredibly tight on Wednesday, but I managed to get in 30 minutes in the morning and 100 minutes in the evening. On Thursday, I was still feeling the effects of the 5k during my 30 minutes in the morning and 120 minutes in the evening. Friday, I ran 30 minutes in the morning and then met up with my friend Natalie and her family who were all in Boston for a family wedding. I then saw Knocked Up and laughed for pretty much two hours straight. Be forewarned, if you talk to me in the next two week, haven't seen the movie, and don't understand what I am talking about, I probably just quoted the movie...and I already know it is lame to have conversations that are entirely movie quotes and don't care so save it. After the movie, I went for an 80 minute run and did not shuffle along like Corey Kubatzky for the first time since Sunday. I had a basketball game on Saturday and my stat line looked something like this:
Steals: 3
Blocks: 1
Rebounds: 11
Points on Fastbreaks Because Nobody Else Ran Down the Court: upwards of 14
Legit Points: about 6
Assists: 2
Turnovers: 2
We won our game and then one of the teams that was scheduled to play after us didn't show up, so I played two more hours of basketball, giving me three hours of hooping for the day. I should have run an easy 30 to 60 that afternoon, but just watched episodes from the third season of Arrested Development instead. Today, I ran 150 minutes in the evening to give me 610 minutes for the week on 8 runs. This is starting to sound like a broken record, but I need to be more consistent in the upcoming week. By the way, the comic above is from www.toothpastefordinner.com and you should check out the site if you like funny things. Also, I did the HTML code to include that link, so eat your heart out Ronald Prescott Loui.
No comments:
Post a Comment