
The rest of this week was fairly boring until today's run. I went 100 minutes in wet and dreary weather on Friday, complaining to myself the entire time about how stupid New England weather is. Yesterday was going to be another 100 minutes, but my legs were not having any part of it. I figured I would wait until 15 minutes in to make an executive decision. When the time of reckoning came, I was still feeling like crap and turned around to make it a 30 minute day. On my run today a few funny things happened in the first 20 minutes that would have been more than enough excitement for one run. First, as I passed a woman in the first few minutes of my run, she turned to the man she was walking with and said "Was that Larry Bird?" Usually, I wouldn't expect this comparison, but I did put up 23 points in my Teacher Hoops League game on Saturday, so I can't totally blame her for the mistake. Mostly though, it just goes to show how long it has been since Boston has been any good at basketball, how good Larry Legend was, and how few tall white people go on that section of Talbot Avenue. Then, about 15 minutes later, came upon a woman sitting in her parked car. She rolled down her window as I approached and, as I ran by she yelled "You have absolutely gorgeous legs!" As if those two interactions weren't enough, as I was running around Jamaica Pond without my shirt on, a little boy said one of the funniest things I have heard in a while. He was sitting on his bike and his dad was trying to put a helmet on the kid while explaining the importance of bike safety. The kid was looking all over the place, making it hard for the father to get the helmet fastened. All of a sudden, the kid turned to look at me and said very matter-of-factly, "Daddy, that man's naked." I was laughing out loud while running for close to a minute after hearing that. The run started to go downhill after passing the little guy on his bike. It was in the mid 70s while I was running and I am not at all used to the heat yet. I started to get dehydrated towards the second half of my run and then started wishing it was overcast again. I crawled it in for 120 minutes on the day and 750 minutes for the week on 8 runs. I am hoping to keep up the pace next week and add a few more doubles to be closer to or over 800 minutes.
No comments:
Post a Comment