
This past week has been fairly uneventful, although I did get in a decent amount of minutes. I ran 30 minutes in the morning on Monday and 70 minutes in the evening. I doubled again on Tuesday, getting in another 30 minute morning run and two hours at GBTC practice Tuesday night. I ran a workout for the first time in a few weeks and felt pretty solid. The workout was designed to simulate going out too fast in a longer race, recovering, and then bringing it home strong. To do this, we ran a fast mile on the track, then did a 35 minute tempo run, and finished with another hard mile on the track. I ran 4:48 for my first mile on the track and then went right into a tempo run around Castle Island. I just continued at tempo pace for my final mile on the track instead of picking the pace back up. I felt smooth running at tempo pace and figure I was going around 5:35 to 5:40 pace. I ran 100 minutes on Wednesday and Thursday, both times after school. I also had the most exciting event of my week on Thursday. During the last period before lunch, one of my coworkers asked me if I wanted to go to the Red Sox game that afternoon. There had been a rainout the previous night and somehow he had tickets for what became the first game of a double header. I didn't have any commitments at school, so I ended up spending the afternoon at Fenway. It was great to see the park but, unfortunately, the Red Sox beat the Tigers 2-1. The rest of the week was fairly boring and it rained from Thursday evening through Sunday. I ran 60 minutes on Friday, 30 minutes on Saturday, and 170 minutes on Sunday to end the week with 710 minutes on 9 runs. This was a good week overall, but I still feel like I could be doing more. It really bugs me that I am running over 100 miles and think it is not enough. Then, it bothers me that I get upset about being upset for thinking I am not running enough. It's a vicious cycle. Either way, I am hoping to be around 800 minutes next week. Maybe that will ease my mind. This is getting ridiculous. By the way, the title of this post is intentional and is a direct quote from Kevin Gale at a Cardinals game.
No comments:
Post a Comment