Monday, January 26, 2009

I Almost Forgot...

After the lock-in, my friends and I went out to brunch as a reward for dealing with 15 hours of supervising middle school boys (as fun as it was). There is a relatively new place a few blocks from school called Dot 2 Dot Cafe. It is only opened limited hours at this point, but the food was very good and the prices are quite reasonable. There were about a dozen other people in the restaurant while I was there. Some were ordering food and some were simply reading the paper with a coffee. I didn't see anyone with a laptop, but they offer free wi-fi as well.

My friends and I all ordered the Big Breakfast, which was steak and eggs with potatoes, but the pancakes and breakfast sandwiches that other patrons ordered looked equally delicious. After we finished, the chef and owner of the restaurant came out, introduced herself to us, and gave us her business card. She explained that her hope was to have the cafe also be a place for local artists to display their work. It will be nice to have a good breakfast spot within walking distance and I definitely plan on heading back in the near future. Check it out if you are ever in the area.

No comments: