Tuesday, May 13, 2008

I Try Really Hard, Actually

Training Summary
I am going to get back to racing next weekend, so I needed to start doing some workouts this week. I had a sore shin on Monday and my right hamstring held up pretty well, especially considering I did two workouts and picked up the pace in my long run on Saturday. The workout on Tuesday felt very fast but I was able to recover well during the 200 jog. I missed two doubles while back home in Baltimore which hurt my weekly total a little. For some reason, all I do is sleep a ton while I am home. All in all, it was another positive step towards getting into race shape.
On a side note, avoid riding Amtrak at all costs unless you like spending hours sitting in front a girl talking loudly on her cell phone about how inconsiderate her roommate is or arriving at your destination three hours late.

Monday
PM: 90 minutes
Tuesday
AM: 30 minutes
PM: 27 minute warm up, 10 x 400 w/ 200 jog rest, 33 minute cool down
68 (59) 70 (59) 70 (56) 71 (56) 68 (59) 69 (60) 67 (65) 69 (63) 69 (62) 68
Wednesday
AM: 30 minutes
PM: 100 minutes
Thursday
AM:
PM: 90
Friday
AM:
PM: 45 minute warm up, 3 x 1.4 mile w/ 3 minute jog rest, 25 minute cool down
7:10 (2:58) 7:13 (2:59) 7:15
Saturday
PM: 4 minute jog to the first mile marker, 10 miles in 1:06:39, 2 minute turn around, 4 mile progression run in 5:59, 5:51, 5:40, 5:27, jogged back at 6:20 pace
Sunday
off
Total
670 minutes on 8 runs

Holler of the Week
Not much funny or exciting happened this past week. The best was when I ran past two drunk older women on Wednesday night and one of them yelled "Why don't you just run the fuckin' marathon you fuckin' jerk?" As I ran by, I told her I did. She looked confused.

Epiphany Story of the Week
"Mr. Bonner, you're skinny on the outside, but inside you're really fat."
-5th grader to me after I loaded up on seconds at dinner

Song of the Week
I finally watched Juno this past week. The movie was good and I loved the soundtrack, particularly the song from the opening credits. It is super catchy and has been in my head on repeat since Thursday (I probably didn't help matters by purchasing it and listening to it 37 times in a two day span). The song is called All I Want Is You by Barry Louis Polisar.

No comments: