Sunday, May 11, 2008

Becoming a Supersonic Man

Training Summary
This past week was my second week of real running (read: more than just 30 minutes a day) since the marathon. I am feeling very good overall and completed many of my runs this week quicker than normal while keeping the effort controlled. The original plan had me starting workouts this past week, but I had to work late at Epiphany on Tuesday and was unable to get to GBTC practice on time. I did get in my first run of more than two hours since the marathon and felt pretty darn good doing it. Also, I got a massage on Thursday to help with my right hamstring, which has been bothering me since before the marathon. My goal is to begin workouts in the upcoming week. I also want to continue to increase my mileage by adding in morning runs to my routine.

Monday
PM: 100 minutes
Tuesday
PM: 90 minutes (ran to GBTC practice, cooled down with the guys after their workout, ran home)
Wednesday
PM: 70 minutes
Thursday
AM: 30 minutes
PM: massage
Friday
PM: 80 minutes
Saturday
PM: 130 minutes
Sunday
PM: 70 minutes
Total
570 minutes on 7 runs

Holler of the Week
While running down Blue Hill Avenue, there was a group of people at a bus stop. They watched me as I ran by and, once I was past them, I heard one of the guys in the group say to his friends "You KNOW he's fast if he's running in the hood."

Epiphany Story of the Week
In social studies class, the 8th graders are learning about the presidential election that is currently going on. The teacher asked the class "True or False, Barack Obama is the first African American to run for president of the United States?" He then called on one of the boys in the class, who correctly responded false. When the teacher told him that he had the right answer the student exclaimed "Oh, sweet! I don't even watch that show!"

Song of the Week
Queen - Don't Stop Me Now
I am considering a legal name change to Mr. Fahrenheit.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Love the Blue Hill comment... musta been the moustache.