Friday, December 12, 2008

Daytrotter Sessions

One thing that I am really good at is finding out about things well after the fact and then thinking I have uncovered some great new discovery when I stumble upon them months or years later. The link below is probably one of those cases, but I am going to put it out there for the heck of it.

The website is called Daytrotter and they conduct interviews with bands on a regular basis. In addition to the interviews, the bands play a short, live set in the Daytrotter studio. These Daytrotter Sessions are available online for download and they keep archives of all the old studio sessions. Some bands I have checked out include Okkervil River, Bon Iver, Fleet Foxes, The National, Rogue Wave, Tapes 'n Tapes, The Thermals, and Vampire Weekend to name a few. The best part is that all of the downloads are free!

No comments: