Thursday, December 11, 2008

Don't You Know That It's Insane?

It is going to be a long road getting back into shape after missing the better part of two months. At first, I was in survival mode for most of my runs. It has been getting better lately and every so often I end up having a run where I actually feel like I am moving at a good clip and maybe even getting fit again. The past two weeks I have been around 60 miles. The plan is to be around 70 miles this week, 80 the next week, and then hold it there for a while. Also, I think I am going to start to do a tempo run each week beginning next week.
I had my last class of the semester last night and am thrilled to be one day away from a month-long break from grad school. I will get out of school at Epiphany at 5:30 twice a week and it will seem like a huge luxury. I can't imagine what it will be like when I get out of school at 3:30 every day next year.
One of the highlights from last week came on Sunday night. I went to The Orpheum with Henri to see a Vampire Weekend concert. The band was great and the crowd was really into it, though I was surprised that "The Kids Don't Stand a Chance" wasn't a bigger hit. Apparently there were ushers in the balcony telling people to stop jumping up and down during "Walcott" because it was vibrating too much. Below is a video of the song at a different concert.

No comments: