Tuesday, December 23, 2008

49ers Fan for a Week

Apparently, the San Francisco 49ers are growing mustaches for their game this weekend because it is a throwback game with old uniforms and the whole deal. Now THAT is something I can root for.

But enough about football. Last week was my best training week in a while. I ran all seven days, got in a workout, went long on Saturday, and hit about 75 miles for the week. My workout on Tuesday was 2 x 2 mile at Reggie. I kept it controlled and hit 10:40 for the first one and 10:36 for the second repeat. I wasn't sure what to expect going into this one, but was pleased with the effort. We started to get snow on Friday night and things were pretty messy by the time I met up with a group of folks at Fresh Pond for Ian's farewell long run. I felt good for the majority of the run, but the only thing that got me through the final 20 minutes was thinking of all the food and beer waiting for me at the brunch and pub crawl that was to take place later in the day. Right now, I am writing from home in Baltimore. I escaped the snow in Boston, but it is just as cold. My hope is to run 80 to 85 miles this week with a workout tomorrow. At this point, I am thinking I will begin racing at the beginning of February.

No comments: